It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to SpeedFreq

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New version of the IOIO OTG is out now
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:36 pm 

Lots of fixes for power supplies dying, and some other things as well.

https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2069

Quote:
We’re now shipping the IOIO-OTG board loaded with the V4.02 bootloader and the V5.06 application firmware. New application firmware is frequently released, and can be upgraded without needing a programmer using the IOIODude application. Additionally, this version of the IOIO-OTG has corrected the IC power failure issue due to the on-board switch voltage regulator failing as well as adding a missing decoupling cap on the AVIN pin. This new IOIO-OTG has fixed the problems that plagued the previous version making it a true vision of how the board is intended!

Post subject: Re: New version of the IOIO OTG is out now
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:54 pm 

Yes, that's a better version. I can't believe they didn't credit me for the 'missing decoupling cap' enhancement! LOL

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:54 pm 

I have an older IOIO version which we did update the firmware for. In test mode I have been able to get it to read and report out our wideband 02 sensor. Haven't been able to completely confirm if the connectivity issues (dropping at power down for pitstops) have been resolved.

My Moto G phone is pestering me every day to update operating system.

I would like to add oil pressure and temp sensors to the IOIO board. Before I go through that trouble, should I go ahead and spend the $40 for the latest IOIO board?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:57 pm 

If you have updated your firmware to the latest version, you should not have to do any upgrading beyond that if you are only using the IOIO analog channels that SpeedFreq uses.

I would not even worry about updating the OS on your Moto-G phone: I did it and things work just fine.

You can test your connection by simply running in Test Mode, and then turning the IOIO board off and back on and seeing if SF connects to it successfully on the first try. With the latest updates mine connects pretty much every time, whereas before it took a whole procedure to get it re-connected.

Let us know how things get on during a race.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]