Welcome
Welcome to wifilapper

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pitside/App: Scriptable IOIO outputs

Pitside/App: Scriptable IOIO outputs

Postby WifiLapperDev » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:52 pm

This is a super-future task, but jawillis and I think it'd be really cool if you could script IOIO outputs. It'd be even cooler if you could script them in pitside, then transmit the script to the phone during a race. Cool doesn't mean 'safe' or 'smart', but it'd be sooo awesome.

Imagine active aero:
Code: Select all
if(accel < 0 or abs(latGs) > 0.4) // if we're braking or turning...
{
  runOutput(14,true); // put wing to maximum angle of attack
}
else
{
  // going straight or accelerating...
  runOutput(14,false); // put wing to maximum flatness for max speed
}

Of course, this would be an advanced feature on top of an already-advanced feature (the IOIO), so this is uber-low-priority.
WifiLapperDev
Site Admin

Re: Pitside/App: Scriptable IOIO outputs

Postby EnduroRacer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Fans could be turned on based on temperature, etc. I see this being a really useful feature for the future.

The feature request list is growing so fast. And I haven't even submitted all mine yet.
EnduroRacer

Postby jawillis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 am

I am strongly in-favor of this feature as a dream feature (i.e. not anytime soon). Other possible uses:
- start/stop camera recording when entering track area
- incorporate driver-feedback devices other than the android touch screen (warning lights, buzzers, LED bar-graph displays)
jawillis

Postby sbarton » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Very cool, but not sure I'd want to run anything mission critical off of it like fans or anything in case it goes down or batttiery drain. Or whatever.
sbarton

Return to Feature Requests/Development