Welcome
Welcome to wifilapper

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum/Website ideas

Forum/Website ideas

Postby sbarton » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 pm

1) Definately need a donate button on the website. This is awesome and I'm sure people appreciate it and all the work you have put into it!

2) Register WiFiLapper.com and point it to https://sites.google.com/site/wifilapper/ (I can do this if you want)

3) Put a link back to https://sites.google.com/site/wifilapper/ from the forums.

4) Create a forum for how to hook up guages to IOIO or ODB. A place for people to ask questions on how to hook up their guages, as well as others to post how-to's.

5) Add a link to the forums in you LeMons/Chump/etc signatures. Lets get more traffic here and start the ideas and sharing of knowledge! :)
sbarton

Re: Forum/Website ideas

Postby WifiLapperDev » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 pm

1) I looked into this and was too lazy to make it work.
2) See [1]. If you could do that, it'd be great.
3) I'll see if I can get this worked out.
4) This, I can do. I'll see if I can make a "how to use OBD2" video tonight
5) It's linked from the website, though clearly nobody bothered clicking that link until I posted the forum link on the LeMons forum.
WifiLapperDev
Site Admin

Postby sbarton » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:26 pm

1) https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ro-outside
2) Done! http://www.WiFiLapper.com
4)Sweet. I've got pre-ODBI so I need to figure out how to hook up sensors to IOIO. The 0-3.3V is going to be an issue.
5) Yeah I didn't see the link on the site either. Maybe make the tab Red or bold or something.
sbarton

Postby WifiLapperDev » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

sbarton wrote:1) https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ro-outside
2) Done! http://www.WiFiLapper.com
4)Sweet. I've got pre-ODBI so I need to figure out how to hook up sensors to IOIO. The 0-3.3V is going to be an issue.
5) Yeah I didn't see the link on the site either. Maybe make the tab Red or bold or something.

1,2) Cool!

3) Some of the pins on the IOIO support 5V inputs.
WifiLapperDev
Site Admin

Postby EnduroRacer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:48 am

You don't necessarily need 3.3v for most 5v sensors since they are usually just passive resistors that change resistance based on heat, pressure, etc. The IOIO documentation does briefly talk about this somewhere. The scaling will be off from what the sensor would read if it were fed 5v, but that doesn't really matter in our custom application.

IOIO supplies regulated 3.3v on the board, so you can use that to feed the sensor and map your sensor output to whatever value you want to measure (tire temp, water temp, oil pressure, etc.)

Sensor value Scaling (2.12v=85psi) and Labeling (PSI instead of volts) doesn't seem to be implemented in WifiLapper yet. When that is implemented we can worry about scaling to 3.3v instead of 5v. You just will have to do it manually instead of using the published specs.
EnduroRacer

Postby WifiLapperDev » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:58 am

EnduroRacer wrote:You don't necessarily need 3.3v for most 5v sensors since they are usually just passive resistors that change resistance based on heat, pressure, etc. The IOIO documentation does briefly talk about this somewhere. The scaling will be off from what the sensor would read if it were fed 5v, but that doesn't really matter in our custom application.

IOIO supplies regulated 3.3v on the board, so you can use that to feed the sensor and map your sensor output to whatever value you want to measure (tire temp, water temp, oil pressure, etc.)

Sensor value Scaling (2.12v=85psi) and Labeling (PSI instead of volts) doesn't seem to be implemented in WifiLapper yet. When that is implemented we can worry about scaling to 3.3v instead of 5v. You just will have to do it manually instead of using the published specs.

There is mild labelling and scaling - right now, you can set up an IOIO pulse pin to be a wheel speed sensor, and give it the expected # of ticks per revoluation, and tell the app that it is to be interpreted as a LF wheel, for example. It should get labelled appropriately in pitside... I think. I just need to be told how to set up the scaling filters for all the other sensors that people may want to set up.
WifiLapperDev
Site Admin

Postby sbarton » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Can you add a Forum for Bugs. Can use this one, but thought it might be better to have a seperate forum for bugs than for enhancements/requests.

-Scott
sbarton

Postby sbarton » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Can you add a thread in the Support - WiFi Lapper Appand Support - PitSide forums for release notes for each one. Maybe Sticky and lock them.
That way we can see when a new release was published and see the change notes of the release.

-Scott
sbarton

Postby sbarton » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:19 pm

What do you think of asking the requestors to post a Poll on their threads, that way people can vote for the requests they like and you can kinda guage interest/priority.
Just a simple, Yes/No/Don't Care options.

-Scott
sbarton

Postby EnduroRacer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 pm

+1 on both the "Release Notes Stickies" and the "Poll for features priority" ideas.
EnduroRacer

Next

Return to Feature Requests/Development