Welcome
Welcome to wifilapper

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

App: Accelerometer option for Z Chan

good idea/medium idea/not worth it idea

good idea
60%
medium idea
40%
not worth it idea
No votes

Total votes : 5

App: Accelerometer option for Z Chan

Postby EnduroRacer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Currently X and Y values are the only options. Adding the option for recording the Z channel would enable analysis of compression/unloading Gs, great for tuning suspension rates.
EnduroRacer

Re: App: Accelerometer option for Z Chan

Postby phantomjock » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:45 pm

I'm a newbie and catching up to the past several years of work and posts.
Seems like (again -- new perspective) that the Z would better captured as discrete load cells via the IOIO. That way you could get 2 - or 4 channels. Individual shock/spring settings - useful for circle track - or maybe just 2 channels for brute down force information, anti-dive, etc. As I get more familiar - I may find my comments are OBE. But thanks for the forum, and the app.

Cheers - Jim
phantomjock

Postby 951Turbo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Z-axis is already being recorded. See the "Accel Smoothing" thread where I showed the z-axis for Buttonwillow, where you get to 0.5G going over Phil Hill.

Not sure what else is being asked here?
951Turbo

Postby EnduroRacer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:14 pm

You can do all of that with IOIO.
EnduroRacer

Return to Feature Requests/Development